Meridian Investigative Group, Inc. proudly offers classroom style insurance fraud continuing education for claim handlers – “A Claim Handler’s Guide to Fighting Fraud and Investigations”.
Meridian is professionally licensed and certified to offer a Basic (2 hr) level and an Intermediate (3 hr) level course. Each comprehensive course contains up-to-date information and the latest industry trends with real world scenarios and solutions.
We take pride in our education and work to the highest standards, not just to fulfill your CE requirement but to provide information you can immediately apply to your business.
For organizations interested in arranging a group training program, please contact Meridian Investigative Group at Info@migclaims.com or 800.830.4022.
A Claim Handler’s Guide to Fighting Fraud and Investigations
Sample outline and objectives:
- Identify Insurance Fraud by definition and understand the difference between fraud and lies
- Identify “Red Flags” and/or key fraud indicators of claims that may require investigation
- Understand the scope, impact and extent of Insurance Fraud
- List the type of accidents / injuries that would indicate investigation of compensability
- Name the state statues, guidelines and policies for utilization of investigation and surveillance of claims
- Identify common types of Insurance Fraud schemes (i.e. worker’s compensation, general liability, automobile liability, property and casualty)
- Understand the challenges associated with fighting Insurance Fraud
- Identify common investigative methods utilized to detect and expose Insurance Fraud
- Discuss case law examples in regards to confidentiality, privacy and investigatory guidelines
- Indicate appropriate usage of the Internet with the investigation of claims process
- State myths and realities of using investigation and surveillance techniques specific to policy and statues